November 25, 2010

Thankful for...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I wanted to say that I am thankful for my family's health. I spend the night before last in the hospital with my son. He was dehydrated and had a case of the stomach flu... but we got to go home then ext afternoon, and he is on his way to feeling like his old rambunctious self. I realize things could be much worse- so I am thankful for health.
What are you thankful for?

Today, I thought I would share my yummy spiced wine recipe with you...
This is a super quick way to make a festive drink, and really easy.


Rachel's Spiced Wine:
2 bottles of your favorite red wine
1 cup brown sugar
zest of 1 lemon
zest of 1 orange
5 black peppercorns
5 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
1/4 teaspoon cardamom

Place all ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
Strain.
Serve.

This smells delicious, and will be a hit with your guests. We are enjoying some as I type this!
Have a safe and fun holiday!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks tasty!!

I'm thankful for my family and true friends, for all of their support and understanding.

 
Template by Sharnee